We are an International Christian School following the British Curriculum. We offer Cambridge Primary and Secondary programmes developed by the University of Cambridge International Examinations for 5-18 year olds. The key subjects taught are:
- First Language English
- English as Second Language
- Sciences: Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Art and Design
- Modern Foreign Languages: Mandarin, Swahili & French
- Physical Education (PE)
- Global Perspectives
- Bible Study
This broad curriculum aims at enabling each student to reach his/her full potential.
Secondary 1 (Age 11-14)
These comprise of Years 7-9.
The Secondary 1 course of study is based around Cambridge Checkpoint. Students sit the externally assessed Checkpoint Examination at the end of Year 9.The assessments cover the core subjects i.e. English, Mathematics and Science (Physics, Biology and Chemistry)
At the end of Secondary 1, students will have been equipped in the subject matter and learning skills necessary in readiness for the IGCSE examination. The subjects studied are: English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics as well as Literature in English, History, Geography, ICT, Art, P.E and Modern Languages (Swahili, French and Mandarin).
Students are also taught Global Perspective. GP basically seeks to develop the skills of research, analysis, evaluation, reflection, collaboration and communication.
|11-12 Years||Year 7||Progression Test|
|12-13 Years||Year 8||Progression Test|
|13-14 Years||Year 9||Cambridge Checkpoint|
Click on the link to visit the Cambridge website to get more information.
Our approaches to teaching and learning
Our approaches to teaching and learning is learner centered, making learning and teaching:
- Interactive & engaging and
- Differentiated considering and catering every individual student’s:
- Current level, strengths and weaknesses
- Learning needs
- Learning Pace
- Learning style
- Preparing the students with 21st Century Skills:
- Critical thinking
- Creative thinking
- Strategic thinking
Thus, our approaches are unique in the following ways:
- Specialized subject centers: such as Language labs for French and Mandarin, Science labs for Biology, Chemistry and Physics, Art Studio, Design and Technology lab, ICT lab etc.
- Smart board: Every classroom is equipped with the smart board which is modern learning technology that makes learning interactive, engaging and participatory.
- Maths-Whizz: Our school maths provision includes on line subscription to the award-winning Maths-Whizz. Every child deserves a learning experience that caters to their individual needs. Maths-Whizz helps to provide that. To begin, the students are assessed in key topics in order to work out their strengths and weaknesses across the curriculum. The Maths-Whizz Virtual Tutor will then guide them through a fun, interactive online world of learning, constantly adapting the journey to meet your child’s unique needs and pace of learning.